Imagine2050 Photo Contest
Imagine Mississauga in the year 2050. Show us what a low carbon and resilient city looks like to you. Submit up to 3 photos that capture actions, events, people, places – anything that you feel is helping or hindering the City of Mississauga become a healthy, prosperous, and resilient city by 2050!
This contest is part of the engagement activities for the City of Mississauga’s Climate Change Action Plan which will be completed in 2019. The Climate Change Action Plan is being developed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and to prepare Mississauga for the impacts of a changing global climate.
Get creative……but if you need inspiration for photos, here are some themes to consider:
- Transportation – sustainable, accessible, and affordable ways to get around; active transportation (e.g. cycling, walking), technologies of the future (e.g. EV’s, autonomous vehicles)
- Local and Green Economy – innovation and skills that reduces GHGs and makes the city more sustainable; jobs that benefit the community; local clean tech industry
- Natural Heritage and Biodiversity – changes in the natural environment; new, threatened, or invasive plants, insects, birds, fish or animals
- Land Use and Urban Form – energy efficient buildings; renewable technologies; compact communities; innovative use of space; green space; walkability
- Lifestyle and Community –people, places, events that make communities resilient, healthy, and equitable; impacts to people or places due to heat waves, cold snaps, freezing rain, extreme wind, hail, rain, snow storms
- Infrastructure and Energy – community energy systems; different types of installations and renewable energy initiatives (e.g. solar, wind, hydrogen); district energy
- Digital photographs (photo collages, and photo manipulations) must be submitted via the form below
- Maximum 3 images submitted per participant
- Open only to Mississauga residents
- Maximum size per photo for upload: 8 MB (images less than 1 MB will not be considered)
- Photo quality: 300 PPI (pixels per inch) is required and at least 11x17 inches or 1375 x 2125 pixels. Select images will be printed for exhibition.
- Each photo should have a title and description (150 character limit).
- EDITING: All photos must be your original work. However, collage, cropping, and use of software such as Photoshop is permitted given that all copyright restrictions are adhered to.
- Submitted images will be disqualified if they do not meet the size or copyright requirements.
- Photos can be previously or recently taken but must be shot in the City of Mississauga.
Photos will be judged according to their originality, creativity, and connection to the following themes:
- Climate change is real
- The city is taking action
- Everyone has a role to play
Two Categories of Awards:
- Youth – 17 and under
- Adults – 18 and over
The winner in each category will be awarded $100 Erin Mills Town Centre Gift Card and an InstaMax camera. The collection of finalists will be framed and featured in a public exhibit (date and location tbc) with winners announced in September 2018.
We would like to thank The Atmospheric Fund and the Toronto Climate Action Network for the idea for this photo contest.